Monday, July 10, 2006

Breaking Thoughtful Silence

Hello again fellow readers, writers and thinkers! I'd better post something so that you don't call our blog dead. I don't think it's quite fair to call it dead because...

  1. It's still online (despite having briefly been flagged as a spam blog!) and...
  2. I've just posted on it!
So why is this blog nigh dead? And how did it get the way it is now?

Put simply, this blog was founded as a place to argue about religion during a time when I personally (at least) was feeling very argumentative. Since then, it appears that we've all calmed down a bit and become more tolerant of each other... Or perhaps just lazy.

The more I search the web for religious arguments, the more I find. It feels as if everything we could say on the subject of religion has already been said somewhere before, and thus we wonder why we should bother with this puny blog.

We just aren't discussing religion any more. In fact, this group has got out of touch.

Fortunately, I think I can see a solution. It relies on a small but crucial detail that I spotted recently: This blog is not called The Argue About Religion Blog, nor is it called The Theological Guillotine—or anything that specific. Instead, it has an equally strange (and terrible) name and description (courtesy of yours truly) which are much more general in their meaning...

One Agnostic, Two (Many) Christians: These Three Titular Types Try To Think Things Through Together...

It could, when you think about it, be the title of almost anything... As long as that thing involves some Christians and an agnostic who think! But so what? Well, it means that we don't have to argue about religion all the time!

We could philosophise about world events, other blogs and so on. We could comment on how our beliefs impact on our world and vice versa. In other words: We could do what people normally do with blogs... Except that this time the opinions are ours.

So let's get started, shall we?

2 Insightful insults:

Blogger Jingle Bella said...

It's been too long since I've checked this blog ... *hides head in shame*

I think you're right, we have calmed down and become more tolerant of each other. If it was just laziness then we would be argumentative in randomly distributed spurts, which doesn't seem to be what's happening ...

Anyone else up for a post on recycling?

22/7/06 10:03 am  
Blogger Pop! said...

Yup! I reckon we should also discuss swearing. I’ll start with: Arse.

23/7/06 2:10 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home